The 3in MAXSwerve Module is the smallest and lightest swerve module designed for FRC Teams. Leveraging many parts of the REV ION System, MAXSwerve aims to reduce the complexity traditionally associated with swerve drivetrains. The module features a 3in wheel to ensure that your wheelbase is as wide as possible within your robot footprint. Designed with robustness and serviceability in mind, the module features an all-metal construction with steel drive gears. The rotation (azimuth) is gear-driven from our NEO 550 Brushless Motor through an UltraPlanetary Gearbox. The included Through Bore Encoder provides 10-bit angular resolution directly on the turning axis. While the azimuth must be driven with a NEO 550 and SPARK MAX Motor Controller to take advantage of new software features, teams can use either a NEO Brushless Motor or Falcon500 for the main drive motor. These modules work seamlessly with the MAXTube structural pieces, however they are designed to work with any 2x1in aluminum tubing.
Each module comes with all the gears for 3 different robot speeds:
|Pinion||Gear Ratio||Drive Free Speed (NEO): ft/sec|
New software features available before kickoff:
- NEW firmware available for the SPARK MAX that enables absolute encoder input, allowing for closed-loop control of the module on the motor controller itself.
- Using the included physical calibration tool, calibration values can be saved to the SPARK MAX, making modules interchangeable without updating robot code.
- NEW APIs in REVlib for swerve functions.
- NEW features in the REV Hardware Client for calibration and configuration of your robot drivetrain.
Motors, motor controllers, and structural framing not included, but can be added to complete a fully-functioning swerve drivetrain.
REV Robotics would like to thank FRC Team 3005 - RoboChargers for the help in developing this product. The module is based off their design used during the 2022 FRC season.
- Metal construction
- 3in wheel diameter
- Module mounting maximizes wheelbase footprint
- Compatible with NEO Brushless Motor or Falcon 500 (with replacement shaft)
- Azimuth driven by NEO 550 Brushless Motor & UltraPlanetary Gearbox
- All steel gears in drive powertrain
- Gear-driven azimuth drive
- Azimuth Ratio: ~46.42:1 (Exactly 9424:203)
- With NEO: 171.5mm (6.75in)
- With Falcon: 194.4mm (7.66in)
- With mounting tabs: 133.1mm x 133.1mm (5.24in x 5.24in)
- Without mounting tabs: 100.5mm x 100.5mm (3.96in x 3.96in)
- With NEO: 1720g (3.80lb)
- With Falcon: 1800g (3.97lb)
|REV-21-3005-P01||3in MAXSwerve Module - Bottom Plate||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P02||3in MAXSwerve Module - Top Plate||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P03||3in MAXSwerve Module - Steering Gear||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P04||3in MAXSwerve Module - Active Fork||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P05||3in MAXSwerve Module - Passive Fork||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P06||3in MAXSwerve Module - Bevel Pinion||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P07||3in MAXSwerve Drive - Wheel Bevel Gear||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P08||3in MAXSwerve Module - Steering Pinion 14T||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P09||3in MAXSwerve Module - Low Speed Pinion 12T||QTY 1|
| REV-21-3005-P11 ||3in MAXSwerve Module - Drive Spur Gear||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P12||3in MAXSwerve Module - UltraPlanetary Block||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P13||3in MAXSwerve Module - Encoder Bridge||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P15||3in MAXSwerve Module - Wheel Hub||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P18||3in MAXSwerve Module - Wheel Axle||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3001||3in MAXSwerve Module Spacer Pack||QTY 1|
| REV-21-3000 ||3in MAXSwerve Module Hardware Pack||QTY 1|
|REV-21-2999||3in MAXSwerve Module Bearing Pack||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P22||3in MAXSwerve Module - Mid Speed Pinion 13T||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P23||3in MAXSwerve Module - High Speed Pinion 14T||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3005-P10-PK3||3in MAXSwerve Module - Motor Key||QTY 1|
|REV-21-3004||3in MAXSwerve Wheel - 90A||QTY 2|
|REV-22-2997||3in MAXSwerve - Calibration Tool||QTY 1|
|REV-21-2998||3in MAXSwerve - SPARK MAX Mounting Bracket||QTY 1|
|REV-41-1607||UltraPlanetary HD Hex Mounting Plate||QTY 1|
|REV-41-1601||UltraPlanetary Cartridge - 3:1||QTY 1|
|REV-41-1602||UltraPlanetary Cartridge - 4:1||QTY 1|
|REV-41-1608-PK2||UltraPlanetary 550 Motor Pinion Gear - 13 Tooth - 2 pack||QTY 1|
|REV-11-1271||Through Bore Encoder||QTY 1|
|REV-11-3326||Absolute Encoder Adapter||QTY 1|
|REV-11-3327||15cm JST PH 6-pin Extension Cable||QTY 1|
- Keep in mind that the molded wheels are consumable items. Their lifespan depends on a variety of factors such as driving style, robot weight, and defense against your robot. When preparing for your event, regularly check your wheels before matches and have spare wheels on hand for any situation that may arise.
- ION Build System Guide
- MAXSwerve Module Build Guide
- MAXSwerve Calibration Instructions
- MAXSwerve Java Template
- MAXSwerve C++ Template