The 3in MAXSwerve Module is the smallest and lightest swerve module designed for FRC Teams. Leveraging many parts of the REV ION System, MAXSwerve aims to reduce the complexity traditionally associated with swerve drivetrains. The module features a 3in wheel to ensure that your wheelbase is as wide as possible within your robot footprint. Designed with robustness and serviceability in mind, the module features an all-metal construction with steel drive gears. The rotation (azimuth) is gear-driven from our NEO 550 Brushless Motor through an UltraPlanetary Gearbox. The included Through Bore Encoder provides 10-bit angular resolution directly on the turning axis. While the azimuth must be driven with a NEO 550 and SPARK MAX Motor Controller to take advantage of new software features, teams can use either a NEO Brushless Motor, NEO Vortex Brushless Motor, or Falcon 500 for the main drive motor. These modules work seamlessly with the MAXTube structural pieces, however they are designed to work with any 2x1in aluminum tubing.
Each MAXSwerve Module comes with all the gears for these 3 different robot speeds (low, medium, and high):
Upgrade your MAXSwerve Module with our all-new 3in MAXSwerve Module - Gear Ratio Upgrade Kit (REV-21-3008). The Gear Ratio Upgrade Kit works with the 3in MAXSwerve Module and comes with two additional pinions and four additional spur gears that create five new extra high speed ratios:
*Gear ratio upgrade kit, motors, motor controllers, and structural framing NOT included, but can be added to complete a fully-functioning swerve drivetrain.
- Metal construction
- 3in wheel diameter
- Module mounting maximizes wheelbase footprint
- Compatible with NEO Brushless Motor, NEO Vortex Brushless Motor (with replacement shaft), or Falcon 500 (with replacement shaft)
- Azimuth driven by NEO 550 Brushless Motor & UltraPlanetary Gearbox
- All steel gears in drive powertrain
- Gear-driven azimuth drive
- Firmware available for the SPARK MAX that enables absolute encoder input
- Allows for closed-loop control of the module on the motor controller
- Included calibration tool
- Calibration values can be saved to the SPARK MAX, making modules interchangeable without updating robot code
- APIs in REVlib for swerve functions
- Features included in the REV Hardware Client for calibration and configuration of your robot drivetrain
- Azimuth Ratio: ~46.42:1 (Exactly 9424:203)
- With NEO: 171.5mm (6.75in)
- With Falcon: 194.4mm (7.66in)
- With mounting tabs: 133.1mm x 133.1mm (5.24in x 5.24in)
- Without mounting tabs: 100.5mm x 100.5mm (3.96in x 3.96in)
- With NEO: 1720g (3.80lb)
- With Falcon: 1800g (3.97lb)
- REV Robotics would like to thank FRC Team 3005 - RoboChargers for the help in developing this product. The module is based off their design used during the 2022 FRC season.
- Keep in mind that the molded wheels are consumable items. Their lifespan depends on a variety of factors such as driving style, robot weight, and defense against your robot. When preparing for your event, regularly check your wheels before matches and have spare wheels on hand for any situation that may arise.
- As of November 2023, 3in MAXSwerve Modules will ship with a V2.0 version of the 3in MAXSwerve Wheel - Plastic
- ION Build System Guide
- MAXSwerve Module Build Guide
- MAXSwerve Calibration Instructions
- MAXSwerve Java Template
- MAXSwerve C++ Template