The REV UltraPlanetary Gearbox Kit is the entry point into using the REV UltraPlanetary System. The kit comes with UltraPlanetary Cartridges to support six different final gear reductions ranging from nominally 3:1 to 60:1 allowing for the right amount of torque for the application at hand. The kit has a pinion already pressed onto the motor and pre-assembled cartridges for designers to begin testing and iterating on their design.
The UltraPlanetary System is a cartridge based modular gearbox designed to handle the rigors of the competition and the classroom. The UltraPlanetary System includes an input stage and pinion gear that works the REV HD Hex Motor and other 550 class motors. Building on the ability to iterate and adjust designs easily using the REV Building System, the UltraPlanetary System consists of pre-assembled and lubricated cartridges allowing for swapping gear ratios on the fly and with ease. Users can configure a single-stage planetary using one of three different reduction cartridges, build multi-stage gearboxes through stacking individual cartridges together, and choose two different ways for transferring power: either through face mounting directly on the output stage or choosing the length of 5mm hex shaft best suited for the application.
The UltraPlanetary has a variety of options for mounting with four different brackets available for mounting to REV 15mm Extrusion, REV C Channel, or REV U Channel. The UltraPlanetary 550 Motor Pinion Gear (REV-41-1608) included in this kit is pressed on to an HD Hex Motor (REV-41-1291). Additional pinion gears can be purchased on the 550 Motor Pinion product page.
UltraPlanetary Gearbox Kit & HD Hex Motor purchased after February 2021 ship with the V2 versions of the UltraPlanetary Female 5mm Hex Output (REV-41-1615).
- Module: 0.55
- Pressure Angle: 20°
- Materials: Sintered Steel, Glass Fiber Reinforced PA66 Nylon
- UltraPlanetary w/3 Cartridges and HD Hex Motor, no hardware: 441.5 g (0.973 lbs)
- UltraPlanetary w/3 Cartridges, no motor and no hardware: 206.5 g (0.456 lbs)
- UltraPlanetary Output Cartridge: 66.5 g (0.147 lbs)
- UltraPlanetary Mounting Plate: 33.5 g (0.074 lbs)
- UltraPlanetary 3:1 Cartridge: 35.5 g (0.078 lbs)
- UltraPlanetary 4:1 Cartridge: 34.0 g (0.075 lbs)
- UltraPlanetary 5:1 Cartridge: 36.0 g (0.079 lbs)
HD Hex Motor Specifications - No Cartridges
- Body Diameter: 37mm
- Voltage: 12V DC
- No-Load Current: 400mA
- Stall Current: 8.5A
- Free Speed: 6000 rpm
- Stall Torque: .105 Nm
- Max Output Power: 15W
- Encoder Counts per Revolution
- At the motor - 28 counts/revolution
For more information see the UltraPlanetary User's Manual.
- QTY 1 - UltraPlanetary Cartridge - 3:1 (REV-41-1601)
- QTY 1 - UltraPlanetary Cartridge - 4:1 (REV-41-1602)
- QTY 1 - UltraPlanetary Cartridge - 5:1 (REV-41-1603)
- QTY 1 - UltraPlanetary 550 Motor Plate (REV-41-1607)
- QTY 1 - UltraPlanetary Female 5mm Hex Output Cartridge V2 (REV-41-1615)
- QTY 1 - UltraPlanetary 550 Motor Pinion Gear pressed onto HD Hex Motor (REV-41-1608)
- QTY 1 - HD Hex Motor No Gearbox (REV-41-1291)
- QTY 1 - 5mm x 75mm Hex Shaft (REV-41-1347)
- QTY 1 - UltraPlanetary Hardware Pack (REV-41-1609)
- QTY 1 - JST VH 2-Pin Motor Cable - 50 cm (REV-31-1413)
- QTY 1 - JST PH 4-Pin Sensor Cable - 50 cm (REV-31-1408)
CAD & Drawings
- REV-41-1600 All Sub-Parts