SPARK MAX is the newest member of the SPARK Motor Controller family. Building on the robust foundation of the original, SPARK MAX incorporates advanced brushed and brushless DC motor control in a small and easy-to-use package with PWM, CAN, and USB connectivity.
Never before has an FRC motor controller featured a built-in USB interface for configuration and control. Users can test prototypes and tune parameters without needing the full control system. SPARK MAX is a true all-in-one controller that will push the envelope for teams.
All SPARK MAX Motor Controllers purchased on or after 11/18/2019 ship with version 1.4.0 firmware.
Please see the SPARK MAX Software Resources for the latest firmware and update instructions.
- Brushed and sensored-brushless motor control
- PWM, CAN*, and USB* control interfaces
- USB configuration and control
- USB type C connector
- Rapid configuration with a PC
- Save/load configurations
- Realistic prototyping using the actual control parameters
- Smart control modes
- Closed-loop control
- Follower mode
- Data port
- Analog input
- Limit switch input
- Quadrature encoder input with index
- Brushless DC sensor connector
- 3-phase hall sensors
- Motor temperature sensor
- Compatible with the following motors
- NEO Brushless Motor
- NEO 550 Brushless Motor
- CIM/Mini CIM Motors
- 775Pro/Redline Motors
- BAG Motor
*CAN and USB control is supported for the FRC roboRIO and SPARK MAX Client. Other platforms are not currently supported.
- Input Voltage (nominal): 12V
- Operating Voltage Range: 5.5V - 24V
- Absolute Maximum Voltage: 30V
- Continuous Current: 60A
- Peak Current (2 second surge): 100A
- Dimensions: 70mm x 35mm x 25.5mm (2.756" x 1.378" x 1.004")
- Weight: 0.25lbs (113.3g)
- QTY 1 - SPARK MAX Motor Controller
- QTY 1 - USB-A male to USB-C cable
- QTY 1 - 4-pin JST to CAN cable
- QTY 1 - 4-pin JST to single PWM cable
- QTY 1 - Cable Retention clip
- QTY 1 - Port Saver cap