The REV NEO Brushless Motor is the first brushless motor designed to meet the unique demands of the FRC community. NEO offers an incredible power density due to its compact size and reduced weight. It designed to have similar performance characteristics and matching mounting features, NEO can be a drop-in replacement for CIM-style motors.
NEO has been optimized to work with the REV SPARK MAX Motor Controller to deliver best-in-class performance and feedback. Brushless motors like the NEO can ONLY be driven using brushless motor controllers, and will be damaged if used incorrectly. Currently the only FRC legal brushless motor controller is the SPARK MAX.
This motor is perfect for your FRC Robot, Industrial platform or Warehouse robot, Electric skateboards and more!
- Drop-in replacement for CIM-style motors
- Shielded out-runner construction
- Front and rear ball bearings
- High temperature neodymium magnets
- High-flex silicone motor wires
- Integrated motor sensor
- 3-phase hall sensors
- Motor temperature sensor
The following specifications for the NEO Brushless Motor include both empirical and theoretical values. Empirical data was measured using the SPARK MAX Motor Controller and FRC system components and are the most realistic parameters to be considered when using the NEO in an FRC application. Both theoretical and empirical motor power curves are provided at the end of this data sheet.
- Nominal Voltage: 12 V
- Empirical Motor Kv: 473 Kv
- Empirical Free Speed: 5676 RPM
- Empirical Free Running Current: 1.8 A
- Empirical Stall Current: 105 A
- Empirical Stall Torque: 2.6 Nm
- Empirical Peak Output Power: 406 W
- Theoretical Stall Current: 150 A
- Theoretical Stall Torque: 3.75 Nm
- Theoretical Peak Output Power: 540 W
- Typical Output Power at at 40 A: 380 W
- Hall-Sensor Encoder Resolution: 42 counts per rev.
- Output Shaft Diameter: 8mm (2mm keyed)
- Output Shaft Length: 35 mm (1.38")
- Output Pilot: 19.05 mm (0.75")
- Body Length: 58.25 mm (2.3")
- Body Diameter: 60 mm (2.36")
- Weight: 0.938 lbs (0.425 kg)
- Mounting Holes: #10-32 tapped
- Mounting Hole Depth: 0.5" maximum
- Shield Mounting Screws (pre-installed): M2.5 x 5mm - Hex-drive (1.5mm) flat-head