The REV Robotics Smart Robot Servo (SRS) is a configurable metal-geared servo that takes the guesswork out of aligning and adjusting servo based mechanisms. One SRS can be used as a standard angular servo, a custom angular servo, and a continuous rotation servo by simply changing its settings.
Out of the box, the SRS operates like a standard 180° servo, responding to a 500μs – 2500μs RC servo pulse.
Unlocking the smart features is simple with the REV SRS Programmer (REV-31-1108 – sold separately).
- Angular Mode
With the press of a button, the SRS Programmer can set custom angular limits without removing the SRS from the mechanism. These custom limits eliminate the need to fiddle with servo horns or linkages.
- Continuous Rotation Mode
With the flip of a switch on the SRS Programmer, the SRS can switch from angular mode to continuous rotation mode. The SRS saves time and money by preventing the permanent modification of standard servos.
- Size: 40.2mm x 20.0mm x 38.0mm
- Weight: 2.05 oz.
- Speed: 0.14 s/60° (at 6V) - Note this speed is slightly higher for current inventory than previously stated (.14s/60° vs the .13/60°)
- Stall Torque: 13.5 kg-cm / 187.8 oz-in (at 6V)
- Stall Current: 2A (at 6V)
- Voltage Rating: 4.8V – 7.4V, 6V nominal
- Input Pulse Range: 500μs – 2500μs
- Default Angular Range: 180°
- Maximum programmable range in angular mode - 280°
- Gear Material: Metal
- Spline type – 25T
- Spline Internal Thread Size: M3
- Spline Internal Thread Depth: 6mm
- Do not exceed this depth as it may damage the servo
- REV Smart Robot Servo
- Servo horn (arm) assortment
- Servo horn mounting hardware
The SRS has a wide input signal range that some controllers may not be able to produce. Additionally, the output pulse may be abstracted behind several layers of code so that it is unclear what the pulse actually is. If motion over the full 180° isn’t seen, check the pulse width produced by the controller.