This sensor can be used to read and compare colors, and also has a built-in IR (optical) Proximity Sensor and white LED for active target lighting. Supports High Speed I2C Communication (400kHz) as well as auto increment register read which allows the user to return all the color register and status register data in one read command instead of 4 separate read commands.
Version 3 of the REV Color Sensor introduces a new sensor chip by Broadcom due to the end of life of the V1/V2 sensor. Physical form factor is the same as V2, however there are some minor changes to the FTC SDK. Be sure to update to the latest SDK and configure your robot to use the "REV Color Sensor V3". Color values will not be consistent between V2 and V3 sensors.
- Built-in white LED
- LED power is switchable with built-in switch
- Supports Standard (100kHz) or High Speed (400kHz) I2C
- Built-in IR Proximity Emitter and Detector
- Max Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Sensor Type: I2C
- I2C Address: 0x52
- Color Sensor Part: APDS-9151
- Measurement channels: Red, Green, Blue, Alpha, and Proximity
- Proximity Sensor Range: 1cm - 10cm
- Mounting Holes: 2 x M3 Holes on a 32mm pitch
- Dimensions: 41.7mm x 17mm x 15mm
- QTY 1 - Color Sensor V3
- QTY 1 - Cable, 4-pin JST PH, 30cm
Please note the 4-pin JST PH to 4-pin roboRIO I2C Cable provided in the FRC 2020 Kickoff Kit is not included in the base Color Sensor V3 kit from REV Robotics. If you need extra FRC cables, order them separately here: REV-11-1729.
- FRC Compatible Libraries and Example Code:
- LabVIEW SDK Direct Download
- Java/C++ SDK Direct Download
- Java/C++ SDK Online Installation json: http://revrobotics.com/content/sw/color-sensor-v3/sdk/REVColorSensorV3.json
- FRC 2020 REV Color Sensor V3 Example Code
- API Documentation