The SPARK MAX Data Port Breakout Board makes it easy to connect external sensors to the SPARK MAX Data Port.
For additional information on the SPARK MAX Data Port, please take a look at the SPARK MAX User's Manual.
Analog Input Issue - Affects Rev. A Only
Due to a manufacturing issue the analog scaling is not working as intended. Any input above 4.3V will maximize the output of the amplifier. Therefore, the scaled analog range is 0V - 2.83V. There are two possible workarounds for this issue:
- Move R1 to the R4 position. As long as the connected analog sensor can drive a 8.3kΩ resistive load, it will scale the input voltage properly.
- Bypass the amplifier output by moving R3 to the R4 position. In this configuration, the input voltage MUST be kept between 0V and 3.3V. Higher voltages can damage the SPARK MAX analog pin.
This issue has been fixed on new breakouts purchased on or after January 8, 2020. New breakouts are marked "REV. B1" and operate with the full range analog scaling.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions.
- Solder pads for every Data Port pin
- Analog input 5V to 3.3V converter
- Built-in amplifier maps 0V - 5V analog signals to the native 0V - 3.3V range of the SPARK MAX Analog Input
- Configurable resistors can bypass the amplifier (move R3 to R4 position)
- Pass-through Data Port connector
- Connect other sensors with data port compatible cables while using this breakout
- Mounts directly to SPARK MAX
- No need for a data port cable
- Securely mounts to the SPARK MAX zip-tie notches