Charger for use with our 12V Slim Battery. The charger is wired with an XT30 female connector and a standard, grounded US power plug.
*Do not plug the Battery Charger directly into a Control Hub or an Expansion Hub, this will damage the Hub and void the warranty.
All rechargeable batteries have a finite lifespan. Factors that affect lifespan include the number of discharge/charge cycles and the average loading of the battery. The following best practices can help maximize the lifespan of your battery:
- Charge rate
- Minimum: 1.5A
- Maximum: 3.0A
- Recommended: 1.8A or 2.0A
- Do not overcharge
- Disconnect the battery from the charger once it indicates a full charge.
- Typical charge time does not exceed 2 hours.
- Do not charge a battery that hasn't been discharged significantly.
- For example, running the robot under minimal load for a few minutes will not significantly discharge the battery.
- Minimum no-load voltage: 9.0V
- Discharging the battery past 9.0V can reduce the lifespan of the battery and can permanently damage the cells.
- Periodic dips below 9.0V when under load is expected and OK.
- For example, don't forget to unplug your battery after you are finished running the robot and don't run your robot until it completely stops responding!
- Let the battery cool before and after charging.
- The battery may feel warm after heavy loading or after charging. This is normal.