Co-Op positions may also be available during the school year.
Director of Software
REV Robotics is one of the fastest growing companies in educational robotics. Our people, and their passion for STEM education (FIRST Robotics, in particular) set us apart. We have a relaxed and friendly office located in Carrollton, TX, just outside of Dallas, and are always looking for people who are willing to stretch their abilities to make STEM education materials more accessible and impactful to everyone.
This college student intern will provide software support for new and existing products, focusing on either embedded software creation or end user libraries and reference code. In addition, they will assist with testing, and debugging, as well as create software documentation. This position will work directly with REV engineers and administration, and may require a variety of tasks throughout the day. REV is committed to providing quality, low-cost educational robotics parts for STEM Education, and the software engineering/Computer Science Intern should utilize their skills as necessary in order to support that mission.
- Contributes to firmware for specific products and parts
- Adds to libraries which are used by students for programming
- Assists in creating example programs that can be used for teaching
- Assists with programming demo and prototype products & robots
- Assists with product testing and evaluation, as well as creating appropriate documentation
- Other responsibilities as needed to ensure that the goals of REV are met
- Must be current student enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program working towards a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering Technology
- Must have at least two years experience working on or with a FIRST Robotics team
- Must have experience with C, and Java (labview & C++ experience a plus)
- Experience programming in Eclipse & Android studio a plus
- Must have the ability to follow directions, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Work with a flexible schedule and demonstrate effective time management
- Customer service experience is desirable
$10 - $20 per hour, depending on experience. Temporary position without benefits.
Generally up to 40 hours per week. Part-time positions may be available, depending on project(s).