Director of Software
REV Robotics is one of the fastest growing companies in educational robotics. Our people, and their passion for STEM education (FIRST Robotics, in particular) set us apart. We have a relaxed and friendly office located in Carrollton, TX, just outside of Dallas, and are looking for people who are willing to stretch their abilities to make STEM education materials more accessible and impactful to everyone.
The full stack engineer will work with the software team to design and build applications for both desktop and web to configure and control our robotics hardware. In this role you will help design the user experience for both look and feel as well as function. You will also work with the team to support the interaction between the front and the backend and support the entire software stack. The ideal candidate is able to build easy to use software and communicate complex requirements to achieve that goal.
REV is committed to providing quality, low-cost educational robotics parts for STEM Education, and the full stack software engineer should utilize their skills as necessary in order to support that mission.
- Design the user experience to make our products easy to use
- Build robust software to address the many challenges of robotics education
- Design flexible software architectures from a set of requirements
- Collaborate with the product development and QA teams on requirements, development, and support through product life cycle
- Participate in code reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with several common high level web and desktop frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, Electron etc.)
- UI/UX experience
- Solid understanding of networking and interaction between different levels of software
- Programming experience with some high level languages such as C++ or Java
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Work with a flexible schedule and demonstrate effective time management
$70,000-$90,000 Depending on experience, potentially higher for exceptional candidates. Regular, full-time positions including benefits (health insurance, 401k, PTO etc).
Generally, 40 hours per week.
Priority will be given to candidates who apply before 8/30/2021