Director of Software
REV Robotics is one of the fastest growing companies in educational robotics. Our people, and their passion for STEM education (FIRST Robotics, in particular) set us apart. We have a relaxed and friendly office located in Carrollton, TX, just outside of Dallas, and are looking for people who are willing to stretch their abilities to make STEM education materials more accessible and impactful to everyone.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with a shared passion in educational robotics to design, develop and support software solutions.
The embedded software engineer will work with the software team to design and build embedded systems to run and control our robotics hardware. The primary focus will be systems on STM32 using the STM32CubeMX ecosystem. Our software requirements span across many different domains including hardware configuration, sensor interface, motor control, and more. The ideal candidate is able to build easy to use software and communicate complex requirements to achieve that goal.
REV is committed to providing quality, low-cost educational robotics parts for STEM Education, and the full stack software engineer should utilize their skills as necessary in order to support that mission.
- Build robust software to address the many challenges of robotics education
- Design flexible software architectures from a set of requirements
- Collaborate with the product development and QA teams on requirements, development, and support through product life cycle
- Participate in code reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in C for embedded systems both bare metal and with RTOS such as FreeRTOS or uC/OS III
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Work with a flexible schedule and demonstrate effective time management
Experience with STM32, STM32CubeMX is a plus
$70,000-$90,000 depending on experience, potentially higher for exceptional candidates. Regular, full-time positions including benefits (health insurance, 401k, Paid time off, etc).
Generally, 40 hours per week.
Priority will be given to candidates who apply before 7/20/2021