Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Manager
REV Robotics is one of the fastest growing companies in educational robotics. Our people, and their passion for STEM education (FIRST Robotics, in particular) set us apart. We have a relaxed and friendly office located in Carrollton, TX, just outside of Dallas, and are looking for people who are willing to stretch their abilities to make STEM education materials more accessible and impactful to everyone.
An engineer in this position will provide mechanical analysis, prototyping, and CAD design for specific products and parts. Design tasks will include the creation of prototypes to fit specified constraints, modeling and testing new products to be manufactured, and re-work of existing products. This will include a particular focus on products made via injection molding, CNC manufacturing, extrusion, and stamping. In addition, this engineer will debug products, lead product testing, and create product documentation. The engineer will also interface with manufacturing suppliers, both domestic and abroad. This position also requires technical customer service via email and phone. REV is committed to providing quality, low-cost educational robotics parts for STEM Education, and the Mechanical Engineer should utilize their skills as necessary in order to support that mission.
- Solve problems as related to product development and design
- Executes mechanical engineering analysis while developing new products
- Provides mechanical 3D CAD design for specific products and parts
- Leads the designing and building of prototype products
- Administers product testing and evaluation, and creates appropriate documentation
- Operates fabrication equipment, as needed for prototyping
- Represents REV at various events
- Provides technical support and service to customers, both onsite and through remote
- communications (email, phone, social media)
- Other responsibilities as needed to ensure that the goals of REV are met
- Must have an engineering degree focusing on mechanical design (ME or MET preferred)
- Must have CAD design experience in SolidWorks
- Experience with injection molding design preferred
- Must have the ability to follow directions, work independently and with minimal supervision
- Work with a flexible schedule and demonstrate effective time management
- Machine shop experience preferred
- Experience with manufacturing in Asia desirable
- Customer Service experience is desirable
- Experience working on or with a FIRST robotics team is preferred.
$55,000 - $70,000 per year, depending on experience. potentially higher for exceptional candidates. Regular, full-time position including benefits (health insurance, 401k, etc).
Generally, 40 hours per week.
Priority will be given to candidates who apply before 10/1/2021