Its BACK! Due to requests from the community REV has brought back the original SPARK Motor controller. This motor controller has been the workhorse, go-to brushed DC controller, known for its toughness, ease of use, and affordability in FRC for many years.
We have built a single production run of the original SPARK Motor Controller for the 2020 FRC season, if the product sells out we will not be re-stocking them during the season.
The REV Robotics SPARK Motor Controller is an inexpensive brushed DC motor controller designed to give FIRST® Robotics Competition teams more bang for their buck.
The Spark features 60A continuous current with passive cooling, bi-directional limit switch inputs for smart mechanism control, an RGB LED status indicator, and a button-activated brake/coast mode.
- Passive cooling
- Synchronous rectification
- Limit switch inputs
- Stops forward and/or reverse motion automatically
- No programming required
- Compatible with normally open (NO) limit switches
- Factory calibrated to 1ms – 2ms input signal
- User calibratable
- Integrated cable retention for PWM port
- Clamping screw terminals
- Better contact area and retention
- RGB status LED
- Detailed mode and operation feedback
- Input Voltage (nominal): 12V
- Continuous Current: 60A
- Peak Current (2 second surge): 100A
- Input Pulse Width Range (nominal): 1ms – 2ms
- Input Resolution: 1μs
- Input Deadband: 40μs
- Output Frequency: 15.625kHz
- Output Voltage Range: 0V – ±Vin
- Maximum Output Voltage Resolution: 0.001xVin
- Dimensions: 2.860″ x 1.875″ x 0.868″
- Weight: 74g/2.61oz
- QTY 1 – SPARK Motor Controller
- QTY 1 – PWM Cable – 36″ – 22 AWG
- QTY 2 – Extra terminal screws – M3